885-3832, Ft. Lowell Park, Craycroft and Ft. Lowell Rds., east Tucson. Generous donations welcome. Museum 10 a.m.–4 p.m., Fri. & Sat. Allow 1 hour.
This fort gained a reputation as a prestigious place to be stationed in the 1880s and was eventually designated as the regimental headquarters of the Sixth U.S. Cavalry. Closed in 1891, the fort fell to ruin.